Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wikis....

Image: Andrew (Megan) Laing The definition of 'wiki' is Hawaiian for .... fast.

Hello everyone. Enjoy the wiki ride....
My understanding of a wiki is that it functions through pages linked to each other. The word 'wiki' itself does suit the function, as to start up and create pages takes less than 30 minutes. Let's continue the 'wiki' ride this week. I have set up my gmail calendar and fed this into the home page. Live up dates for the learners. I have also tested my voice ... no not singing but up-loaded an mp3 file. Lets try this on Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ann, good luck with the wikis!

    i find wikispaces really good for embedding things like videos, google maps, slidecasts and so forth. Oh look - you've been embedding videos and google maps here on your blog. Good work ;-]

    kind regards, michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael. The group has been doing really well. I think they have been enjoying he wikis more htan blogs. Next week I will post their wiki addresses.
    Today we recorded usingthe easi-speak and up-loaded this.
    Great group to work with and we are learning lots. Regards Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. G,day,
    It is interesting to see that each of the sites and providers have different ways of letting you access the info and to put it on line.
    Standards! What standards. None is really difficult, but each has its own quirks. Works for quirky me!

    Look forward to video tomorrow.

    David

    ReplyDelete